A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Sweet And Creamy Cole Slaw
- Weather Channel’s Live Video Photo-Bombed By City Bus
- Owners Jimmy And Dee Haslam Meet With Players In Effort To Figure Out How To Turn Browns Around
- Neil Young Plotting Tiny Surprise Concert ‘Somewhere in Canada’
- KISS’ Paul Stanley Slams Marilyn Manson Over Charles Manson Cover
- Tis The Season For Scams
- Eagles Announce 2018 Tour Dates
- Guns N’ Roses Plays Three-Song Tribute to AC/DC’s Malcolm Young
- The Daily Cut: Aerosmith “Walk This Way”
- Classic Rock Almanac November 21, 2017