There’s been rumblings over the past few years over this Paul McCartney tribute album, and some concrete details have just seen the light of day.
According to Arctic Poppy Records, ‘The Art Of McCartney’ will be a double-album to be released during 2014. A box set and collectors edition will be available during the summer of 2014 with the album scheduled for release in the fall.
PHOTOS: Paul McCartney In Profile
The compilation – produced by Ralph Sall for Bulletproof Recording Company, Inc – will contain covers of McCartney songs from 32 legendary artists. The list of artists revealed so far include Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson, Billy Joel, Steve Miller Band, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Barry Gibb, Roger Daltrey, Jamie Cullum, and Corinne Bailey Rae.
The art, featured below, is what was posted on the official announcement and is assumed to be the cover art. Could this pink vinyl be part of the collectors edition release? Time will tell.
The tracks the album will include (this obviously doesn’t seem to be the full list):
Live and Let Die
Let It Be
When I’m 64
Drive My Car
All My Loving
Things We Said Today
The Long And Winding Road
Let Me Roll It
PS I Love You
Listen To What The Man Said
See the official release from Arctic Poppy here.
Read More NCX Music News:
- Are You Ready For Some Sting?
- The Daily Cut: Janis Joplin “Me and Bobby McGee”
- Journey & Def Leppard Announce Massive North American Arena Tour
- Machine Gun Kelly to Star as Tommy Lee in Motley Crue Biopic
- Journey & Def Leppard Coming To Quicken Loans Arena
- Classic Rock Almanac January 19, 2018
- Dead & Company Announce 2018 Tour
- Ann Wilson: Barracuda Bites Back At Sexism
- U2 Get Animated in Provocative ‘Get Out of Your Own Way’ Video
- The Daily Cut: Bob Seger “Glenn Song”