Prince

Jay Janner/Austin American-Statesman/TNS

Prince Died from Massive Fentanyl Overdose

Toxicology Report Shows Toxic Amounts in System

March 28, 2018
Categories: 

Prince died almost two years ago but the recently obtained toxicology report shows massive amounts of the painkiller Fentanyl in the singer's system, according to TMZ and the Associated Press.

The report found approximately 67.8 micrograms of fentanyl per liter of blood in Prince's body, noting as little as 3 micrograms can prove fatal in some cases.

Fentanyl is a powerful opioid 25 to 50 times more potent that heroin and 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. Authorities blame it for a spike in overdoes deaths in the United States.

The singer, whose full name is Prince Rogers Nelson, experienced tremendous success in the eighties with hits like "Little Red Corvette," "Let's Go Crazy," "Dilirious," and "Purple Rain."

Friends found the 57-year-old unresponsive in an elevator at this Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota on April 21, 2016.